REVIEW THE NEW: ILLAMASQUA SKIN BASE

Anyone who knows about the make-up trends of this coming season will know that glossy skin is most definitely in. It's a sure winner if you want to catapult your makeup straight into AW/11 with minimal effort and not to mention it makes skin look healthier than a matte finish ever could.

ILLAMASQUA DESCRIBES:
Inspired by the cult Asian market Beauty Balm creams, Skin Base Foundation is a brand new, refined formula unlike anything on the UK market. Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.





MY SKIN:
Type: Oily T-zone, Dryness in other areas = Combination
Colour: Dark, Light tone
Shade: MAC NC50
Undertone: Yellow


MY VERDICT:
Illamasqua, the most inventive and innovative makeup brand on planet cool right now, have encorporated everything I love about this season and put it into a foundation that from the second I heard of it's launch, I knew I would love. Skin Base foundation is all about embracing your skin, enhancing it rather than transforming it and giving it the glow it's always longed for, with a product it will always need. It's sheer brilliance. The coverage levels on this foundation I would describe as medium to full which I love, not a mask, but just enough to even out my skin tone perfectly. I would describe the texture as being extremely similar to MAC Studio Sculpt just slightly smoother and less mask-like. It also has a nice smell and feels like the skin is naked, completely naked. The gel-liquid-like texture is beautiful and the finish it leaves on the skin is not matte, not demi-matte and not a glow. It's designed to mimic how skin should look on it's best day, so no artificial finish, just a skin finish with a pinch of a glow to make you look like you have a halo on your head. No word of a lie.

Now, I have clearly fallen in love with this foundation as many of you have also done (and also will, if you are yet to try it), but as an impartial reviewer I have to outline it's strength's along with any weaknesses, as minor as they may be. So, my only warning would be, for those with an oilier/combination skin such as myself, you will need to wear a primer which deliver's the skin with enough oil control to wear this foundation successfully, as it last's brilliantly, but during my testing.. when worn with no primer, a lot of oil was produced on my t-zone. This is to be expected due to the foundations texture and finish, so using a primer such as MAC Face Protect SPF50 will do wonder's for your skin when wearing this product. It's also rather pricey weighing in at £25.00 for just 30ml which is rather steep in my humble opinion, but then having worn the product, I will happily pay that again just to experience the effects it gives. Truly amazing.

❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ = 5 LOVE's out of 5.


Purchase Skin Base in exclusive stores nationwide or online at www.illamasqua.com

No comments:

Post a Comment