LOVES AND LOATHES: ESTEE LAUDER ''DOUBLE WEAR LIGHT''

Having heard a great deal already about this foundation from makeup artist friends and Youtuber's alike... I thought it would be rude of me to not give it a try. Estée Lauder foundations are good, but not necessarily my favourite of them all, however, they are known to mostly do exactly as they advertise, so I wanted to know if this one led up to it's brands reputation.

ESTÉE LAUDER DESCRIBES:

15 hour wear, light as air - long-wear makeup is now lightweight makeup.

BENEFITS

  • Fresh, natural, comfortable.
  • Controls oil.
  • Resists smudging and won't "melt" off through heat and humidity.
MY SKIN:
Type: Oily T-zone, Dryness other areas = Combination
Colour: Dark, Light tone
Shade: NC50
Undertone: Yellow

MY VERDICT:
Yes, yes and yes. Everything ticked off the box because it genuinely does as it says on the "tin" as it were. No fuss application, oil control, longevity throughout the day and night and doesn't move an inch from your face. I really do like this foundation and as someone with an oilier skin type it works for me brilliantly. Those of you with a drier skin type than mine can still wear this foundation but you will need to heavily moisturise your skin first (with something like Oilatum Daily Moisturiser) and a dewy primer like the one from Clarins.

All I would say about this foundations is, it's not really that exciting being as it reminds me of the hundreds of other foundations that leave me with an almost demi-matte finish and medium coverage (MAC Select Foundation, MAC Pro Longwear Foundation, NARS Sheer Matte Foundation... etc). I just wish a makeup brand will bring out a foundation which controls oil but has a dewy finish (one can only dream).... 

❤ ❤ ❤ = 3 LOVE's out of 5. 



No comments:

Post a Comment